Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Are you entertaining? 4/1/14 (not an April fool!)

It was the cutest question ever.  I'm a sucker for the old-fashioned phrases anyway, but this one just made me giggle, blush and think "Oh, how cute!" at the same time.  There is this adorable, very stylish, Southern LADY (capitals on purpose!) at my workplace.  She is a source of inspiration to me because her charm and happy attitude never falter.  She also went through losing her husband suddenly - but is now happily re-married.

I asked her, shortly after I started talking to someone, how soon after her husband died she started dating, or met her second husband.  I was trying to sort through my own feelings of stepping into any kind of involvement, especially when a year had not passed. (Her answer was more proper than my situation, so I just tucked that knowledge away and carried on!)  I just get the feeling that if I do something too quickly or without seeming to show proper respect, that everyone will pass judgement.  Maybe I've watched too much "Gone With the Wind", but this is what my mind sees when people ask a question and I answer honestly:



So instead, I drop hints or keep quiet.  If you read this, then you know - but there are very few of you, to tell the truth.  I'm not sure some of my relatives even read it!  It's a fact I can share now, though; I'm dating.  He lost his special someone, too, so we have that in common.  I didn't search for him, he searched for me.  I feel like a character from a book because things have been so coincidental and magical.  It's early days right now, but it's very nice.

I thought I was keeping things to myself and a few close friends, until the cute question today.  Precious Southern lady came into the workroom for lunch, and started looking around while her food was heating in the microwave.  "I just love to look at what everybody brings for lunch!" she drawled.  Focusing on my little dish:  "Oooh, you made a pot roast?  For just you?"  I blushed, and just shook my head 'no'.  She then whisper-exclaimed (oh, so properly...) "Oh my goodness, are you entertaining?"  I nodded, laughing, while she gave me a big hug.  "I'm so glad to hear that, good for you!"   I could only agree.  Please don't faint like Aunt Pittypat.....please just accept the notion that I might be "entertaining" and it might be making me happier than I have been in a long time!

2 comments:

  1. This made me smile! Please don't let other people's judgements stop you from being happy. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Donna! I love you, too!

    ReplyDelete